Inflation or Stagflation? And how will it occur?
Peter Warburton - 29th July 2019
Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Dr. Peter Warburton to MacroVoices. Erik and Dr. Warburton discuss:
- “Blowing Up the Box” – what is the policy box?
- Factors that affect long term outlook for inflation
- History of inflation and policy framework
- Inflation is necessary for successful financial repression
- What is causing the “policy box” to be redesigned
- History of inflation targeting and inflation controls
- Driving factors for inflation expectations
- Is the recent breakout in gold a sign of inflation?
- Outlook on next QE
- Is stagflation imminent?
Share on LinkedIn: